How to assign a specific build agent server for a build plan?

Jim Song May 4, 2015

We have a windows build server which has InstallShield installed on it, because of license restriction, we only have this one build server with Installshield, so I'd like to assign this specific agent to my specific build plan which need IS, but from Bamboo's build job configuration -> Requirements, i couldn't easy get a way to fulfill above requirement.

Does anyone here know how to achieve above requirement? We could do that in Teamcity.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2015

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your question.

There are two ways to assign an Agent to a build (Dedicating an agent or Defining a new custom capability)

Bamboo allows you to dedicate an agent, to run, for example, only specific build projects, deployment projects or associated activities. You must dedicate an agent to a type of activity and a specific entity of that type.

Note that when you dedicate an agent, then no other activity will be able to use it, unless it is dedicated to that activity as well.

If this is not an option for you, then custom capabilities can be used to control which jobs will be built by a particular agent, since agent capabilities are required to match job requirements.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events