Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to FTP Sync on build to remote website

ajk-sky January 14, 2017

Hello

I need to be able to send commits over FTP on push for some projects that are hosted on shared hosting service. (no ssh, etc...)

The 2 add-ons for bamboo (FTP Uploader and FTP Task) do not correctly manage a commit, they just upload all the files. This is already a good start point, thx for work they did smile

The problem is when you delete a file or move a file... The files are left on server or not moved on Build.

How can i overcome this issue ?
It seams a feature that many many people would need ?

Is there a Bitbucket plugin i missed ?
Or some other plugin ?

Maybe even a script that could be started after Build on Bamboo that does the correct operations acording to the commit ?

Thx for any help !

2 answers

1 vote
Divin Honnappa January 15, 2017

The problem is FTP/SCP task can only make changes to existing files or add new files. If you want delete to be covered you need to clear that entire directory before you do FTP. You can have a script task to empty that directory contents before FTP

ajk-sky January 15, 2017

Hello

Each commit has the list of files that have been changed and the files that have been deleted.
I suppose it would be very possible to do the math.

The service i use at the moment does just that (dobambam) but wanting to use jira+Bitbucket+bamboo i am looking for a sain solution of workflow for these small websites.

Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2017

The problem with applying only the diffs is that you need to calculate diffs not between two revisions in a source control but between a revision in a source control and a folder on FTP server. That requires downloading all files from FTP (has no sense) or making FTP server to calculate hashes (if it has support for that) or just trust that no one has touched anything on FTP (unreliable).

0 votes
ajk-sky January 15, 2017

I solved the problem a different way, just by using git-ftp. Easy command to use in bamboo :

git ftp push --user userlogin --passwd password ftp://domain.com/user/public_html/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events