Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Bamboo (5.9.4) synchronize with LDAP when atlassian-user.xml is set

Jason Horn October 6, 2015

followed the instruction on the following page to setup Active Directory LDAP integration with Bamboo 5.9.4:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/integrating-bamboo-with-ldap-289277210.html

We have a "memberOf" query built for the User Object Filter and Group Object Filter.  This worked during the initial deployment.  I did not see any settings I could add to modify the Synchronization interval (like available in Confluence and JIRA User Directories administration).  

My question is, What is the synchronization interval for Bamboo 5.9.4 when LDAP integration is configured?  Can I modify these settings in the "atlassian-user.xml"?  

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hi Jason,

Unlike JIRA or Confluence, Bamboo doesn't have a feature to manage LDAP configuration/sync through the UI. Instead we have to do this from the file system. We have a feature request to have this bundled in Bamboo here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11376.

Answering your question, if you have caching turned on (btw this is enabled by default), Bamboo will set the cache to eternal (meaning it will never expire), that's why you have to restart Bamboo. I'd recommend you to take a look at the Configuring the caching of your LDAP repository documentation to change this configuration to make sure new users are added and recognized by Bamboo, without having to restart the application.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events