Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many jobs a plan can have?

Jayasree Tadanki January 18, 2018

hi

We have a plan for each Selenium script. We are planning to consolidate the plans and have less plans on Bamboo.

Is it possible to have one plan to have the configuration to run multiple scripts?

Can we add multiple 'Tasks' in one plan and have them run either sequentially or in parallel? What is the limitation and any issues involved in doing so?

Thx in advance

J

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

With the exception of the 10 job limitation for the $10 Bamboo 'Starter' licenses, I'm not aware of any formal limitations, so you should be able to create as many workflow entities as your hardware configuration supports (memory/storage/CPU constraints etc. - Bamboo Best Practice - System Requirements has a table with some common scenarios).

As for the second part of your question, please have a look at section How is a Bamboo workflow organized within  Understanding the Bamboo CI Server (you can click the link in the sidebar), which describes how to model the sequential and parallel aspects of your CI/CD workflow with Bamboo - here's a diagram explaining the concepts in a nutshell, please follow the link for more details: 

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2018

Seems the system doesn't play well with links to on page anchors, I've now just linked the main page with a pointer to the section as a workaround.

Jayasree Tadanki January 19, 2018

Thanks Steffen again for the info. I have a question. We use Ant, TestNg for selenium.

Do I need to add TestNg for each job if I have more jobs? Below is screenshot of the config.bamboo job set up.PNG

Jayasree Tadanki January 19, 2018

I have 3 jobs but only the first one was executed. Not sure why :(

Any help pls?

Thx

J

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events