How many jobs a plan can have?

hi

We have a plan for each Selenium script. We are planning to consolidate the plans and have less plans on Bamboo.

Is it possible to have one plan to have the configuration to run multiple scripts?

Can we add multiple 'Tasks' in one plan and have them run either sequentially or in parallel? What is the limitation and any issues involved in doing so?

Thx in advance

J

1 answer

With the exception of the 10 job limitation for the $10 Bamboo 'Starter' licenses, I'm not aware of any formal limitations, so you should be able to create as many workflow entities as your hardware configuration supports (memory/storage/CPU constraints etc. - Bamboo Best Practice - System Requirements has a table with some common scenarios).

As for the second part of your question, please have a look at section How is a Bamboo workflow organized within  Understanding the Bamboo CI Server (you can click the link in the sidebar), which describes how to model the sequential and parallel aspects of your CI/CD workflow with Bamboo - here's a diagram explaining the concepts in a nutshell, please follow the link for more details: 

Seems the system doesn't play well with links to on page anchors, I've now just linked the main page with a pointer to the section as a workaround.

Thanks Steffen again for the info. I have a question. We use Ant, TestNg for selenium.

Do I need to add TestNg for each job if I have more jobs? Below is screenshot of the config.bamboo job set up.PNG

I have 3 jobs but only the first one was executed. Not sure why :(

Any help pls?

Thx

J

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,568 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you