• Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • How large will the database be ? Is it just metadata and config stored here? Obviously this depends on my workload, but trying to get some sort of sense on the sizing requirements.

How large will the database be ? Is it just metadata and config stored here? Obviously this depends on my workload, but trying to get some sort of sense on the sizing requirements.

Nilesh Bhattacharya December 23, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bamboo Best Practice - System Requirements

How large will the database be (assume Postgres) ?  Is it just metadata and config stored here? Obviously this depends on my workload, but trying to get some sort of sense on the sizing requirements.

2 answers

0 votes
Yassin February 5, 2018

If every pertinent data is stored in the db then what is stored in the home directory ?

I have an example of too many plans and builds but db is just 40mb, on the other hand the home directory is around 2 TB.

What's sure is that migration and upgrade will work only if both db and home directory are conserved.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

You have the generated build artifact, repository cache, configurations includingincluding, user repository and proxy are stored in the home directory.

This is explained in this page.

It is essential to set gloves expiry to clean the home directory periodically. This prevents bamboo home from growing big.

Yassin May 15, 2018

that's intressting ... thanks fo the link.

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2015

Hi Eric,

Almost everything pertinent to Bamboo is stored in database. Not only config and metadata, but also plan configuration and build results, deployment configuration & results, users, etc.

How large the database will be will depend on the things mentioned above. I've seen customers with massive instances having more than 5,000 plans and more than 500,000 build results, and a huge user base.

However, the database size in numbers cannot be predicted.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events