Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you restore a deleted Bamboo plan? Is the plan backed up somewhere on the server?

Erich Gruber April 9, 2015

yesterday I made a fat fingered mistake and deleted a bamboo plan.  To my surprise there were no easy solutions to restoring the plan after doing a quick google search.  In this case rebuilding the plan was pretty easy.  But it begs a bigger question.  How do you restore state in general on bamboo?  Do plans get serialized somewhere so they can be saved and restored later?  Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

Hello Erich,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately the functionality you're requesting is not currently implemented in Bamboo. However, there is an improvement request that can be tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11453

I would suggest adding any comments to the issue above as well as voting on the issue to create its popularity and likelihood of being implemented in a future release.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvements please see the following document:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

2 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

Hello Erich,

Thank you for your question.

Bamboo provides backup feature under "Bamboo administration >> System". Please refer to the following documentation for further information:

Please keep in mind that Bamboo built-in backup functionality is intended to serve rather as means for migration/upgrades rather than regular backup solution.

For customers with bigger instances we suggest using native DB and filesystem backup solutions.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Erich Gruber April 9, 2015

Thanks Rafael.  This would work, but really is quite 'heavy' for what I'm wanting to do.  We can't shut down our CI pipeline every night to do a complete system backup.  It also sounds like we'd have to do a complete restore as well to get something as simple as a plan restored.

What I really need is a way to quickly save a plan to file (xml or json for instance), then a wizard in the bamboo server to add/restore a plan from a file.  Is there such a feature?  If not, how do I request it? Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events