Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get overwritten parameters for a Bamboo build via REST?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

I can see that there is a section labeled "Overwritten parameters" on a Bamboo build summary page when someone ran it with the "Run Customized" option. Can I get the overwritten parameters using Bamboo's REST API when querying build results?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

Hello Brent,

I think you can't get overwritten parameters using REST API yet. Though I'd say it shouldn't be hard to add such functionality into Bamboo. Brent, in case no other answer appear here, can I ask you to raise an issue on jira.attlassian.com (and ping me up, for example by leaving a comment here)?

regards,

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

I know this is highly unorthodox and potentially dangerous, but is there a table I can look at in the Bamboo database that shows the overwritten variables for a build? I looked at the usual suspects like BUILDRESULTSSUMMARY and couldn't find anything. But maybe that information is there, but just burried or not in an obvious column.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

It's stored in a separate table, the VARIABLE_SUBSTITUTION table. But pls, if somebody from Atlassian asks I hadn't told you that, OK?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events