Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people link change records with bamboo deployments?

Bedelia Wolverton-Kettrick December 23, 2016

We're using Git for source control, Bamboo for builds, Bamboo for deployments and Remedy ARS for change management.
I'm looking for automated trace-ability between the Remedy ARS Change Record and the Bamboo deployment to show which change record authorised deployment.
As we don't use JIRA for change records we cannot simply use the JIRA Bamboo integration.

Does anyone in the community have any working examples of a similar set-up with change records in a tool with no simple interface to bamboo yet providing automated trace-ability from deployment to change record?

Many Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Bedelia Wolverton-Kettrick December 28, 2016

So Divin, does the script preserve the change record details within Bamboo somehow? or are you recording the bamboo details in the change record? Can you elaborate for me please?

Divin Honnappa December 28, 2016

In my case I'm having the script after I copy files to server. When I'm calling the service there are some bamboo variables that I pass to the API(artifact id, Version number and location). You can see the bamboo variables when the deployment project is running. The API collects info from change ticket and sends out email with the ticket number to the manager to approve the change request.

I think we can have the script to log the ticket number as well at the end or we can have some kind of message sent out in the form of JIRA comment. But since you're not using JIRA and if you want to just use bamboo, I think it has to be in log or some kind of commit back to your git repo with the ticket number.

0 votes
Divin Honnappa December 24, 2016

We have an API service that collects details from bamboo and requests the change ticket.

At the end of deployment process we have a script that calls this service and pass the bamboo variables to that service.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events