How do is use JUnit Parser with a deployment plan (not a build plan)?

Marc Eiler June 4, 2015

I have a build plan that builds the product and creates artifacts that a separate deployment plan can grab and deploy to various servers. I have the JUnit Parser installed and I've used it in a build plan, but for some reason it's not available to be added to a deployment plan. Why is that? Is there a way to get it to show up as an available module? What other options are there that would give me the same results in case I'm unable to use that module?

Bamboo version: 5.8.1 build 5866

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Unfortunately even if it was possible to enable JUnitParser for Deployments test results would be ignored. I understand you can fail Deployment without JUnitParser with the same task that actually runs tests (it can return non-zero result code).

We have a very similar issue in our public tracker: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13276, please add your vote there to increase chances of implementing this.

Vadivel Madheswaran July 30, 2018

i cant access jira board but i also has same usecase where i want use junit parser in my deployment plan

Like Jonathan Epstein likes this
Atlassian DRT August 6, 2018

The issue has been removed or restricted. It is no longer available and it used to be.

Jaya kumar July 19, 2019

@Krystian Brazulewicz  whether its implemented ?i want use junit parser in my deployment plan

Like Jonathan Epstein likes this
0 votes
Marc Eiler June 9, 2015

We have a branch that we build on a daily basis and it has its own set of automated tests that get run after the auto-deployment of the build. Once a week we cut a release branch and we don't have our automation run every time that we compile and package the release branch since we don't auto-deploy it once it's built. We have a separate deployment plan for deploying the build that we then want to run the automation on. We don't want to auto-deploy the build because we sometimes have a bug fix that gets checked in while I'm still doing other testing and I don't want to have the servers taken off-line in the middle. I understand your decision to not allow it, but as you can see I have a use case that could really use this functionality. Is it possible to manually add the functionality to the server or is it specifically blocked by the application?

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

It was a design decision not to enable all types of tasks for deployments. JUnit Parser was one of them. We're not associating test results with Deployments so we felt this task doesn't belong there.

Can you describe your use case in more detail? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events