How do I use perforce alternative roots in bamboo over multiple remote agents?

Seravy January 26, 2012

Hi,

I have currently set up a remote agent which uses perforce and I came across this article:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+Perforce+with+Bamboo+-+Limitations+and+Workarounds

There are 3 work arounds, 1 and 2 are not viable for me so I am trying to work with option 3.

I have been looking through the specification for Alt Roots in the perforce documentation and it does not seem to provide the answers for getting it to work on different hosts.

I have removed the host from the client work space and added in two different paths into Alt Roots, but both machines still seem to use the Root path regardless of if the path does not exist or any combination of ordering.

If anyone has any documentation on this functionality it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Seravy February 1, 2012

I have recieved an email reply from perforce support about this issue:

'AltRoots' are only useful if a workspace is to be used on different platforms, for example Windows and Linux.
I have logged an enhancement request for it to be possible to specify another Windows machine using 'AltRoots', and have added your contact details to it.
I am not familiar with Bamboo, but will investigate if there are other workarounds to enable you to achieve what you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events