How do I stop the SCP Bamboo module from trying to do a set mode

John Donahue January 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using the SCP task in Bamboo

When trying to use the SCP module to deploy files to a remote server, the task fails because the user cannot perform the set mode action. How do I prevent the SCP module from trying this?

Failed to upload <directory>, Remote SCP command had error: scp: <directory>/<subdirectory>/<file>: set mode: Operation not permitted

2 answers

0 votes
sseveringhaus-newclassrooms February 26, 2019

A possible workaround is to simply use a Script Task and call `scp` yourself, which will by default not attempt to preserve times. I'm not yet seeing any downsides to doing this.

It's not clear to me why SSHJ would implement the opposite behavior as a default. Atlassian, is there no way to override that in the SSHJ API?

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2016

Hello @John Donahue,

There is no way to modify behaviour of SCP task in runtime to avoid preserve time action.

SCP plugin uses SSHJ 0.12.0 library for scp operations and it checks if file from file system is being uploaded then it preserve timestamp on destination file. The only way to skip this action is to use not FileSystemFile for upload, but InMemorySourceFile which doesn't have timestamp. We don't have plans to support this functionality in visible future

bamboo-scp-plugin is open source and you can modify it for your needs: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-scp-plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events