cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ssh into a default bamboo elastic instance

Steven Stones-Havas November 29, 2012

I have followed the instructions to run

ssh -i /path/elasticbamboo.pk ec2-user@XXXX.compute-1.amazonaws.com

but it seems that the key requires a password that I don't have. Where is this password stored, or do I need to create my own elastic instance and set up the bamboo agent manually?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven Stones-Havas December 5, 2012

Thanks for the help guys. I found that by terminating the amazon instance, and creating a new one I was able to log in using the supplied keyfile.

I have no idea why the first one didn't work - I created it in exactly the same way, and never requested a password put on it.

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2012

Bamboo does not set up passphrases on private keys it generates. My guess is that someone from your organisation asked Atlassian support to put a private key supplied by you on the OnDemand instance.

Bamboo does not really need that key. You can go into the AWS Console on your account and regenerate it if you don't have access to the passphrase anymore. Optionally, ask the support to put the new key on your OD instance afterwards.

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2012

Hi Stevesh,

You will need to download the key from Bamboo - it should be available within the same page as the provided SSH command.

Once you have it in your machine, you can alter the SSH command to include the path of the downloaded key e.g.:

• ssh -i /home/user/Download/elasticbamboo.pk ec2-user@XXXX.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Fahd

Steven Stones-Havas November 30, 2012

Thanks for the answers, Paulo and Fahd. I have followed the instructions, and I have the key. My problem is that ssh then asks for the password for that key:

steve@hydra:~$ ssh -i ./elasticbamboo.pk ec2-user@XXXX.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Enter passphrase for key './elasticbamboo.pk':

Permission denied (publickey).

steve@hydra:~$

I can't see anywhere in the bamboo ui where I can get the passphrase.
0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

Hi Stevesh

Did you try to follow the steps outlined in the following note (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Accessing+an+elastic+instance)?

Also, the password for instance that started up using stock images provided by Atlassian should be generated within few minutes. The password will then be shown in Bamboo itself. In case of any problem, perhaps you may try to retrieve this password from AWS console.

Anyway, you can raise a new support ticket for an advanced assistance.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events