Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the SSL context for the Bamboo broker URL?

Olaf Trygve Berglihn December 12, 2014

When setting the broker URL protocol to ssl, and when requiring client certificates from the build agents, how do I set the SSL context for the broker communication to restrict the trusted certificates or CAs?  The activemq library used has an SSLContext where the trustStore can be set only for the broker (not for the whole VM), so this should be possible to do.  Overriding the VM javax.net.ssl.trustStore is not feasible, since all other https-traffic going out from the Bamboo server will fail due to missing certificate trust.

1 answer

0 votes
Olaf Trygve Berglihn December 14, 2014

I ended up proxying all broker traffic by setting the "Broker client URL" to the proxy server and using ssl-scheme. With the HAproxy I then check the Bamboo agent client certificate before relaying the traffic to the internal Bamboo server. Note that you will have to edit the wrapper.conf after installing the bamboo-agent installer with the 'install' command in order to add wrapper.java.additional.3=-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=/path/to/your/keystore.jks wrapper.java.additional.4=-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit wrapper.java.additional.5=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/your/truststore.jks wrapper.java.additional.6=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events