Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see that a test (task) fails with Bamboo

Robert Willson October 11, 2013

Hi,

I am evaluating bamboo, and I want to know how I can see a failure of a task in bamboo? Actually how to I indicate from the test to Bamboo that a failure has occurred? Most of the tests I have are script based and can be modified to indicate a failure. Currently they indicate a failure by different exit codes. I found this page (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOODEV/Test+Collection+and+Reporting). which seems to indicate I need to make some sort of custom handler. But I wanted to make sure that was the case, or if there is a standard results handler that I could just modify my test scripts to use?

1 answer

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Failures occur on exit > 0. If your test returns an exit value > 0 it will fail the build. The page you linked to is in regards to actually writing a Bamboo task. Bamboo tasks are like the source code checkout task, or the scp task or the command or script task. If you are using an existing Bamboo task like one of the aforementioned or JUnit or NUnit then you don't need to do anything special for a failed test to register as a failure. I know if it returns exit > 0 it will turn red as a failure, It may also Fail if it sees "ERROR" or "FAIL" though those may also be returning > 0 and therefore actually be registering based on the exit code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events