Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I retroactively mark a build as failed?

Peter Lypkie February 19, 2015

Let's say I have plans A and B, and B uses a shared artifact from A. One day I discover a fatal flaw in the software from plan A, but this is a new bug and I don't yet have a test for it. So I know that historically, the last 3 builds of A were affected by this critical bug, and I don't want any new builds of B to use the shared artifacts from those builds of A.

My problem is that I can't find a way to mark them as failed so that the shared artifacts will come from earlier versions. I anticipate this will occur many more times in the future as we discover new bugs that are not covered in the test results that currently mark a build as pass/fail.

Ideally, I'd be able to go click an X somewhere to mark those builds of A as "broken", and then the shared artifact would automatically come from the earlier valid pass. Any idea how to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

Is deleting the build including its artifacts an option for you?

Peter Lypkie February 19, 2015

Yes, although I thought it may lead to confusion due to the fact that this "successful" build has been deployed to another server already. Deleting the build in bamboo seems like it would remove some of the history if someone wanted to investigate that build.

If that's the accepted way to deal with the situation, I'll run with it, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious that didn't involve removing history / logs out of bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events