How do I identify a plan's slowest running tests.

According to the documentation:

Manage your build duration by identifying the plan's slowest running tests.

To view the test statistics for all of a job's builds:

1. Navigate to the desired build result page, as described in Viewing a build result.
  2. Click the Tests tab.
  3. Click the sub-tabs to filter the rest statistics (see screenshots below).
    • To view a test's history, click the test name.

In Bamboo 5.11 and the screenshot in the documentation I cannot see/find any sub tabs to allow me to change from the tests that have failed the most to the slowest tests.

We are trying to identify and fix our slowest tests but it so far is very tricky to identify where we need the most work.

Thanks

1 answer

Have you tried clicking on the job, containing the test (results), to show the test timing details?

Yes I have, for some reason though they don't let you sort by run time sad

I manually copied all 2000 tests from one plan into excel so I could sort it but that was a very tedious process..

It also doesn't help find some of our tests that vary greatly in time from run to run.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,802 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you