Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide disabled plans?

Chris Lemmons September 26, 2014

I've been using Bamboo for quite some time now, and I've accumulated quite a few “dead” plans. These are plans that were once used to build products, but are no longer, either because we've changed strategies, changed branching styles, abandoned that product, or replaced it with a different automated routine.

I can't delete these branches, because they contain potentially valuable information about historical builds. Nevertheless, I don't wish to see them on a daily basis. They simply confuse people. (For some people, I can revoke their access to the plan entirely, which accomplishes this goal, but that doesn't work generally, since for some plans, they may need access in the future. Also, I'm an administrator and it clutters my screen terribly.)

Any ideas for hiding these plans? Ideal would be a toggle for "Show disabled plans" that defaults to off.

1 answer

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2014

Our internal practice for such plans is to create project called "ZZZ dead plans" and move all those plans there. If you want to hide them from other users then using permissions is the best way.

We're not planning adding feature like "hide disabled plans" because we believe this would be even more confusing.

Chris Lemmons September 29, 2014

Creating a “ZZZ dead plans” wouldn't really change where they are on the screen by very much. There are only 2 "live" plans, so the page will still be entirely full of distracting detritus. Perhaps what I want isn't "hide disabled plan", but rather "archive plan". I don't really want to run it again, but I also don't want to delete all its history in case somebody links there from an old link or needs to check on it for a support case or something.

Like Barbara Bazemore Kiszka likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events