Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get artifacts with the REST API?

dlee April 30, 2012

I'm trying to write a script to download the artifacts for the most recent build of a particular plan. I can see in Bamboo that this build has artifacts, but the response from the REST API shows none. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using Bamboo 4.0.1

$ curl 'http://my-bamboo/rest/api/latest/result/MRPRJ-MYPLAN?expand=results\[0\].result'
# snip
  <artifacts size="0" max-result="0" start-index="0"/>

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

Are you sure you don't want to use the Job key instead of the Plan key? The query you are making to the rest api will only show the artifacts which have been Shared.

dlee April 30, 2012

That was it! The REST API documentation didn't mention using job keys, so I didn't think about that. Thanks!

Ashish Panwar February 19, 2019

Hi David,

I am new to REST API and looking for this option.

Can you please help me with the command to get artifact using either build number or release id ?

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

Bamboo Command Line Interface has the getArtifact action which handles the REST stuff for you, but you will still need to do as James says to either make it shared (easiest) or access by job.

dlee April 30, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Is it visible without logging in? Maybe you can try with a username/password?

curl -u userid:secret ...

dlee April 30, 2012

Yes, it is visible without logging in. Also tried with username/password, same result.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events