How do I fix the Bamboo Jenkins importer error message "No resource was found for hudson.model.Messages"?

Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2016

I zipped up a Jenkins project folder and I've trying to import it, but I get an error message "No resource was found for hudson.model.Messages".  How do I work around this?  What do I need to change?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

We're using a newer version of Jenkins and we can't go backwards because we'll re-encounter issues that caused us to upgrade.

After re-reading the imported documentation, I see that it says to zip up the Jenkins home directory.  I just zipped up one project sub-directory in the jobs directory.  I can't even imagine zipping up a real, live Jenkins home directory with years of history and thinking that it will be under 50MB (even after making the recommended deletions) without doing as much editing and work as it would take to recreate the jobs by hand.

My takeaway from this is that Atlassian should remove the Jenkins importer if they're not going to make it ready for primetime.  In it's current state, it's just a frustrating tease.

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2016

You can try to edit your config.xml adding the following section

<hudson>
(...)
 <views>
    <hudson.model.AllView>
      <owner class="hudson" reference="../../.."/>
      <name>All</name>
      <filterExecutors>false</filterExecutors>
      <filterQueue>false</filterQueue>
      <properties class="hudson.model.View$PropertyList"/>
    </hudson.model.AllView>
</views>
</hudson>

0 votes
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2016

First thing to do is to check Bamboo version and Jenkins version.

There is one specific Jenkins version that will work for each Bamboo. And most probably it will not be the newest one... (there is usually some JIRA issue to vote for requesting Bamboo Jenkins importer upgrade).

According to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Importing+data+from+Jenkins Bamboo 5.14 should work with Jenkins 1.581

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events