How do I dedicate an agent to a branch?

Iman Ferdowsi January 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Dedicating an agent

I would like to have agents that are running different versions of XCode, and have branches that would be built against a specified agent. How do I go about selecting a specific agent for any given branch?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Create separate plans for those branches and add a requirement with a custom capability, that is available only on that agent.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-a-job-s-requirements-289277064.html

Would that work?

Iman Ferdowsi January 15, 2016

Jobin - That had come to mind as an option since capabilities can be set at the job level, but we also use auto-merging of branches, so they all need to be in the same plan. 

At the branch level, it seems like only variables are customizable. Do you know if there is any way to have the capability be based off the value of a variable?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

I haven't tried that yet. Not an option I would think but I could be wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events