How do I configure Bamboo to send plain text emails for all users?

Robin Gauß October 12, 2015

I want to change our Bamboo server notifications to use plain text since our email client is not handling the html emails well. Is there a way to change that for all users at once and can is set it as default?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

There is no easy way to do that, but Bamboo should actually use Mime/MultiPart format to send emails and they should be correctly displayed by your email client. If not, this is feasible for an Atlassian Support request I guess.

See here for some reading: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/modifying-notification-templates-289276982.html

Robin Gauß October 12, 2015

Thanks for your suggestions Radoslaw. I'm sure that the formating problem of the HTML emails is caused by our email client, it's pretty ancient. I will contact the Atlassian Support and will update this question with the solution they suggest.

Robin Gauß October 19, 2015

After contacting the Atlassian support they confirmed that there is no easy way to change this behaviour for all user at once.
You can fiddle with the database directly but that's no supported way.

Fortunately I was right with my suggestion, that the problem was caused by our ancient mail client and it could be fixed in its settings. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events