Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I completely uninstall bamboo on linux?

Phil Hoppes November 21, 2013

Ok, so I'm new to Atlassin tools and I installed a trial version of Bamboo on our server but did it with all of the default settings. I later discovered it was desired that I install it connected to our local mysql database. Looking through the documentation there is lots of info on running the Setup Wizard but nada on how to make it rerun. I figured no problem, I'll just wack the install directory (/opt/bamboo/...) and the home directory. Then I'll do an untar again on the binaries, put in the necesary mysql connection jar file and restart. Nope. It acts like the install was fine but no setup wizard and now I've wiped the local user home directory so that is totally messed up. How do I get back to square one and start the process again?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phil Hoppes November 21, 2013

Ok well I got it to work by deleting the install and the home directories. I think the issue I was having is there is obviously some persistance in having the browser running. I never quit the browser I was using between my previous uninstall/install/restart. I'm guessing this has to do with my issue. I killed the browser in fact killed the VNC session I was connected to the server I was installing Bamboo on. Once I did this, did the reinstall and reran everthing it worked this time.

0 votes
Ronald Bolante March 10, 2014

The best way i think is to just "reverse" the procedures in the installation guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Running+Bamboo+as+a+Linux+service

I'm currently into saltstack as of the moment so if i were to use salt states to uninstall it it would be like the one below:

{% set installdir = salt['pillar.get']('bamboo:installdir', '/opt/atlassian/bamboo') %}

bamboo-svc:

service.dead:

- name: bamboo

/etc/init.d/bamboo:

file.absent:

- require:

- service: bamboo

{{ installdir }}:

file.absent:

- require:

- file: /etc/init.d/bamboo

bamboo-user: