Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I build an RPM using Bamboo?

John Chaney January 29, 2013

Hello, I am trying to stand up a bamboo instance and after completing a source pull and build, I would like to create an RPM for distribution to my server. Is there any information regarding how to do this or a best practice? Based on what came stock inside of Bamboo, it looks like I could do it inside of a Command Task, but I would prefer something a bit more reusable if possible.

Thank you.

-John Chaney

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

Hi,

Note that if you can perform on your instance command line, you can do it using Bamboo. I believe you can create a script and execute it setting a script task in Bamboo: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Script

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

John Chaney March 12, 2013

This answer is definitly what I ended up implementing. The process of making RPMS is easily scritable for some sections, and needs to be configured on a per project basis in others. I suppose I was hoping for a plugin to be available, but this method will suit my needs and make me learn something new. So thanks.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015
Chris Gembarowski January 4, 2018

He's asking how to build an RPM packing using Bamboo not how to package Bamboo in an RPM.

0 votes
David Crook March 14, 2013

At my company we build RPMS using an ant script that calls the ant RPM task. There wasn't any difference having Bamboo run this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events