Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Change a time zone in bamboo for adding a schedule trigger.

Sarath Sasi September 15, 2017

The time zone shown in the Trigger configuration is the default time zone, each time I want to add a new trigger, do i need to go and calculate manually the time zone. Is there a way I can set my time zone to my default time zone?

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Marr September 22, 2017

Andy, this question is about Bamboo, not Jira.

I am also looking for a way to set a per-user timezone.  All I'm finding is requests for this functionality that go back at least 6 years.  We have it in Jira and Confluence, what about Bamboo?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

Hi Greg,

My apologies, I saw this issue had the Jira tag and must of missed the title that clearly indicates this is a bamboo question.

You are correct, Bamboo does not appear to have user profiles that can set their own timezone.  There is a feature request for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-17554

If you were looking for force Bamboo to use a specific timezone, you could follow the steps in How to force the timezone of Bamboo Server.

But this would be a global setting for all users, and in turn would not be something that each user could set differently for their own profile like you can currently do in Confluence and Jira.  Sorry there does not appear to be a better solution as this time, but I would watch that JAC ticket for updates.  Should that feature be added to a future version of Bamboo that ticket will be updated to indicate specifically which version would contain this feature.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

Hi Sarath,

I would recommend taking a look at our Choosing a Time Zone.  It explains that the Jira instance will have a system time zone that is set by the Jira administrator.  However each user profile in Jira is also expected to have its own timezone value that might be different from the system time zone.

You could certainly set your profile's timezone to be the same as a Jira system timezone if you like.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events