Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you include the git folder in a Bamboo Artifact?

Chris January 22, 2013

We have 3 stages, build, test, deploy in our bamboo plan. The first stage creates an artifact with the pattern **/*

That copies .files and .folders just fine except for .git which I'm guessing comes from http://ant.apache.org/manual/dirtasks.html default excludes

We require the git folder to deploy to heroku via

git push heroku-remote master

Any suggesstions/workarounds? Should I just copy or rsync locally from my ../{project}-BUILD/.git/ folder?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michele Orsi September 17, 2013

I successfully copied the .git folder with this pattern

1) Create definition

2) in "Name" what you want

3) in "location" the relative path PLUS .git (so for example I put ".git" because it is in the root of my project)

4) in "copy pattern" put "**"

.. finally I get a new directory with all the git files inside!

The problem I have is that I cannot include the .gitignore files!

Deleted user October 22, 2013

Have you made any further progress on this - I am in a similar situation and have managed to copy the .git folder along with my checked out source as you describe but losing the .gitignore is causing problems! A suggestion on another Atlassian Answer is to zip the entire folder and publish the zip as an artifact. This seems a bit over the top for something that seems a relatively basic feature of a CI system.

2 votes
Swguild Swguild November 27, 2014

We used Michele's approach for .git folder, but for .gitignore we renamed the file to gitgnore at last step of build stage and in deployment project we renamed it again to .gitignore just after artifact download task.

There should be an option not to ignore hidden files in artifact definition...

0 votes
Mike Cochrane January 12, 2020

Has anyone found a proper solution to this yet?

0 votes
Brent@Pedago November 19, 2013

Any way to override the default excludes in Ant? Documentation says the following, but don't see any corresponding bamboo config:

defaultexcludes="no"

0 votes
Michele Orsi September 17, 2013

Just to give a hint, I think it is related to this:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/dirtasks.html#defaultexcludes

0 votes
Chris January 23, 2013

Just to add to this, I get permission denied when trying to copy the .git folder from the bamboo.buildKey folder on the .pack and .idx files, all other git files copy just fine

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events