Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you create a build plan that executes another build plan

Ryan Vice January 16, 2014

I have a simple scenario I'd like to implement. Assume I have the following plans

(1) Build and Archive

(2) Deploy Archive to environment based on a parameter and depends on (1)

(3) Deploy Archive to daily environment based on daily timer and depends on (1)

The idea is that all plans need (1) to execute first so I want to be able to run (1) first thing when I run (2) or (3). Is that possible? Is there another way to accomplish this with Bamboo that makes more sense?

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO052/Setting+up+plan+build+dependencies

Build dependencies in Bamboo are configured backwards to convential thought. From a parent build you need to define the child. So (1) triggers (2) but other than a log, you won't see (2) is triggered by (1) anywhere.

Ryan Vice January 28, 2014

Yeah, I was hoping for the more conventional approach.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2014

CLI Plugin for Bamboo can be used with a Bamboo CLI action like queueBuild. If you use the wait parameter, it will wait for the build to complete or timeout before continuing with the original build.

Ryan Vice January 27, 2014

Does that work for On Demand and if so is there instructions on how to install it and use it?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2014

No, it does not work for OnDemand. Sorry, I missed that in the labels.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events