How can I view child plans?

Richard Cross February 23, 2015

Is there a convenient way in which I can see which child plans were triggered afer a parent plan has built?

Is there an overview anywhere that shows the parent/child relationship between plans?

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hello Richard,

I have run some testings using our REST API and, unfortunately, the same is not working as expected.

I have created a corresponding issue for our development team to track:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15587

I would suggest adding any comments to the issue above as well as voting on the issue to create its popularity and likelihood of being fixed..

Please refer to the Atlassian's bug fixing policy for more information.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your question.

Is there a convenient way in which I can see which child plans were triggered after a parent plan has built?

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 12.35.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 12.36.20 PM.png

Please, notice in the build reason you can see the dependency being displayed.

Is there an overview anywhere that shows the parent/child relationship between plans?

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 12.39.15 PM.png

You can review that by going to "Plan configuration >> Dependencies" tab.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Unfortunately, the method above is not *convenient*, as it involves first going into the configuration of the parent plan to find out the child dependencies, opening a separate browser window on each and every child plan, and then checking whether they built against the particular parent plan build you're interested in. Your second answer shows how to view child plans only - where can I see the complete chain, where: Plan A -> Plan B -> Plan C -> Plan D

What I was hoping for was a way to see which child plans triggered from the parent plan's summary screen. The relationship of parent-child is one-to-many, therefore it would make sense to go to just one place to see the downstream plans, wouldn't it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events