How can I use Ant 1.8.2 with Bamboo onDemand?

carlos benitez March 13, 2012

I created a build plan using Ant to compile my project. It fails because my project requires Ant 1.8.2, but Bamboo onDemand, since it runs Bamboo 3.0, works with Ant 1.7.1. I tried to create a new builder for Ant 1.8.2, but I don't have permissions (and I'm the admin).

I've read that Bamboo onDemand will upgrade to Bamboo 3.4 soon (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/36624/ondemand-bamboo-version-upgrade) and then my build plan will work, but is there any way it could work before that happen?

Thank you very much.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2012

It's possible.

You should install newer Ant on your instance using EBS. Once you start your instance from Bamboo, you'll be able to associate new Builders with your image (go to Elastic Bamboo/Instances, click on Image Config, click Edit, Add Capability combo is at the bottom of the page)

0 votes
carlos benitez October 9, 2012

I tried but I wasn't able to configure properly a new instance with Ant 1.8.2, so I gave up.

Some weeks ago Bamboo onDemand was updated, and Ant 1.8.2 is now available, so I don't have this problem anymore.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, Przemek.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2012

And the next update will include 1.8.4 ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events