Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I trigger my automated test plan in bamboo on a successful deployment?

RobertLyndonDavis September 20, 2015

I have a bamboo plan which is triggered on repository changes. It in turn triggers a deployment project out to my CI server. This all works great except the last step in the process. How do I then trigger my automated test plan once my deployment has finished? It seems that deployments can't trigger plans, only plans can trigger deployments. Are there any ways around this?

3 answers

1 vote
Nirmal Shankar September 21, 2015

Deployment pipleline doesnt let you trigger a build plan. But a better way to go about is this

1) Have build plan create your artifacts/deployables.

2) Run the deployment pipleline

3) As a last step to deployment pipeline, run the automated test (which I guess would be some kind of scripts)

RobertLyndonDavis September 21, 2015

Thanks for the answer. The one reason I can't do that is because my test require saving of artifacts to work out what went wrong if any tests fail. The deployment pipeline doesn't support saving of artifacts.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Seems that you deployment should be part of the build plan instead of deployment plan. Have you considered the option of using 3 stages in your build plan?

yeah I've thought about that. The problem is that I want my CI build to create (which it does now) a release according to a naming convention template I've set up. Then the test teams can easily see which environments have this release and one click deploy it out. I can't do that if the build doesn't the deployment as there is no mechanism that I can find to create a release during a build.

0 votes

At the moment I've gotten around this by making the last stop of my build fire off a REST post request to the build api which kicks off my test plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events