Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set a different trigger for branches vs. master?

Mark Hirota August 13, 2015

There are some builds in Bamboo that I'd like to trigger differently depending on if it is a branch vs. master.

For example, really long-hauls test builds that should trigger nightly or weekly on master, but only manually on any given branch.

How can this be done?

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Hirota August 17, 2015

Thanks Rafael, I suppose I should've been more explicit.  I want to set the default trigger for branches to be different than the branch...  Using the above method works, but must be done manually for each branch created (or auto-created).

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2015

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your question.

In Bamboo, please go to "Plan configuration" and select your branch under "Branches" located below "Stages & jobs".

Bamboo will display 4 tabs: Branch details, Source repository, Notifications and Variables

Under "Branch details", please look for Trigger type >> Change trigger and select the trigger type of your choice.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events