Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I run a script with custom requirements from Bamboo OnDemand

Iwein Fuld October 31, 2012

I've created a Testacular config file that I can use locally to output JUnit like test results. Now I want to integrate that in a plan in Bamboo.

I'm seeing the error: No agents meet the Job's requirements. This Job cannot be built in the Elastic Cloud.

I've created a custom image that can run Testacular and I'm now trying to connect it to to Bamboo, but so far I haven't been lucky.

The problem is that the bamboo agent scripts work only on an Amazon Linux node, wereas installing Node on such a system is a drag. I've found http://wkmacura.tumblr.com/post/5511638182/ubuntu-bamboo-ec2-ami, which promises it can't be done, but the changes in the scripts there are unfortunately not visible.

Atlassian is not trying to support this, so I'm hoping to find someone that has done this before so I don't have to rewrite all the agent scripts myself.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Iwein Fuld November 5, 2012

I've almost solved this now by extending the existing Atlassian AMI. To do this you need to make sure it stays on long anough so that you can work on it. This you can do by commenting out the auto-shutdown from /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/etc/rc.local. Do this first, then create a snapshot and start that outside of Bamboo for customization.

Then

• checkout, compile and install NodeJS.
  • npm install -g testacular
  • download PhantomJS and unpack binary and create a symlink to bin/phantomjs in /usr/local/bin

Now I'm still running into trouble with the bamboo agent that seems rather unstable, but since I didn't touch that part it should sort itself out eventually.

I've put up the exact steps in my blog: Running Jasmine tests with Testacular and Bamboo OnDemand.

0 votes
catherina lucy February 15, 2013

Finally, you have to look at outsourcing as one of many arrows in your quiver.

http://www.jobrequirements.net/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events