How can I run a script with custom requirements from Bamboo OnDemand

I've created a Testacular config file that I can use locally to output JUnit like test results. Now I want to integrate that in a plan in Bamboo.

I'm seeing the error: No agents meet the Job's requirements. This Job cannot be built in the Elastic Cloud.

I've created a custom image that can run Testacular and I'm now trying to connect it to to Bamboo, but so far I haven't been lucky.

The problem is that the bamboo agent scripts work only on an Amazon Linux node, wereas installing Node on such a system is a drag. I've found http://wkmacura.tumblr.com/post/5511638182/ubuntu-bamboo-ec2-ami, which promises it can't be done, but the changes in the scripts there are unfortunately not visible.

Atlassian is not trying to support this, so I'm hoping to find someone that has done this before so I don't have to rewrite all the agent scripts myself.

2 answers

1 accepted

I've almost solved this now by extending the existing Atlassian AMI. To do this you need to make sure it stays on long anough so that you can work on it. This you can do by commenting out the auto-shutdown from /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/etc/rc.local. Do this first, then create a snapshot and start that outside of Bamboo for customization.

Then

• checkout, compile and install NodeJS.
  • npm install -g testacular
  • download PhantomJS and unpack binary and create a symlink to bin/phantomjs in /usr/local/bin

Now I'm still running into trouble with the bamboo agent that seems rather unstable, but since I didn't touch that part it should sort itself out eventually.

I've put up the exact steps in my blog: Running Jasmine tests with Testacular and Bamboo OnDemand.

Finally, you have to look at outsourcing as one of many arrows in your quiver.

http://www.jobrequirements.net/

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,493 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you