How can I prompt for user input when deploying via Bamboo?

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

I'm looking for an option to prompt the user for input during a Bamboo deployment, so that I can use the entered value as a variable in my deployment steps. 

In the build process, there is a "Run customised..." option and something like that would already be sufficient for my use case. 

Is there any way to do this?

4 answers

2 votes
FDelor November 14, 2017

consider switching to Jenkins (-;

1 vote
Deleted user October 9, 2017

I need to do the same thing, unfortunately, I haven't found any solution yet. It looks like hitting the "run customised" button is still needed in order to get some input from the user who is running the pipeline.

1 vote
jvelapol February 2, 2017

This is exactly the type of scenario i'd like to also run - while it makes automated deployments not possible, we don't want all of our deployments to be automated.  Sometimes, we just have to prompt for a key or some other "secret" value that we don't want stored, even in bamboo's weird "hiding" way.

1 vote
Chris Bellar January 29, 2016

I am surprised this functionality doesn't exist. I understand the idea is to be completely hands off and automated, but sadly that isn't always real world possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events