How can I produce a report showing any Bamboo deployment metrics?

Michael Mowry April 5, 2016

It appears that there is little or zero reporting capabilities on Bamboo deployments...both in Bamboo and in JIRA gadgets.  How can I produce a graph showing the number of successful deployments over a time period?  Duration of deployments?  Perhaps a graph of number of deployments by environment over a time period?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Rankin April 5, 2016

In terms of getting the information, I used the API to get deployment results for each projects environment.

Each environment (DEV, UAT etc) for a project has an environment key which can be used to pull the results form the Bamboo API.  You can use Postman in chrome to test this, for example:

https://root_url/builds/rest/api/latest/deploy/environment/111112222/results?expand=results.result&max-results=10

Obviously change the url to match yours, you will most likely need authentication also.  This example will bring in the last 10 deployment results for the given environment ID.  It contains a lot of information such as success or failed, start date, finished date, version etc.

So you could work it all out using this data.

Unless someone has a better way!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events