How can I have multiple Jira issues linked to a single bamboo test failure?

Matt Walker March 3, 2016

A super awesome feature of bamboo I discovered recently is the ability to link failing tests and builds to JIRA tickets. It seems that I can associate multiple tickets with a build; but only a single ticket with each failing test. I say that because when I attach one ticket via the menu next to the test failure; it goes from having three options (Create, Link, Quarantine) to having only two (Unlink, Quarantine.)

However, my test environment and test construction means that a single test failure seen at bamboo may trace to several JIRA tickets, one for each root cause. I'm wondering then, is there a way to get bamboo to link, per test, multiple JIRA tickets that I'm just not seeing?

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Unfortunately Bamboo doesn't seem to allow more than one link per test case at this time, please watch/vote/comment on the following improvement request to raise awareness for this limitation:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events