Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix the New Relic Notifier?

Swift Capital April 30, 2016

When utilizing the New Relic for Bamboo plugin's deployment task *New Relic Deployment Notifier*, an error message occurs.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this running?

The official issue tracker for this plugin doesn't allow folks to create tickets or submit bugs.

Error occured while running Task 'Notify New Relic of Deployment(11)' of type org.gaptap.bamboo.newrelic.newrelic-plugin:new-relic-deployment.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.TextProviderUtils.getHtml (TextProviderUtils.java:34)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.TextProviderUtils.getHtml(TextProviderUtils.java:34)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.trigger.ManualBuildTriggerReason.getNameForSentence(ManualBuildTriggerReason.java:34)

at org.gaptap.bamboo.newrelic.deployment.NewRelicDeploymentTask.createDeploymentDescription(NewRelicDeploymentTask.java:113)

at org.gaptap.bamboo.newrelic.deployment.NewRelicDeploymentTask.execute(NewRelicDeploymentTask.java:58)at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.lambda$executeTasks$125(TaskExecutorImpl.java:273)

NewRelicError.PNG

6 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

Sigh, same for me of course, sorry for not checking this right away - hopefully this is just by chance of a permission issue, I wouldn't expect anyone to enable public sign-up, only to deny any participation thereafter wink (David should have gotten a notification from my mention above, so hopefully he'll be able to fix this soon).

0 votes
Swift Capital May 5, 2016

I created an account and signed in, but can't create an issue. If their JIRA is different somehow, I'd love to know what I can do. smile

NoCreateButton.PNG

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

@Swift Capital - sorry, just realized your comment about the official issue tracker not allowing for new tickets. I've been able to sign-up for a new account just fine a few seconds ago (which is a requirement though), so maybe you want to try again?

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2016

@Swift Capital - given version 1.3.0 has been specifically released for compatibility with Bamboo 5.10 (which had significant API changes, though the topic at hand only rings a faint bell for me right now), it seems like this might be an oversight or regression in this regard.

Accordingly, a fix would most likely require a new release and I'd recommend to file a resp. issue in the add-on's issue tracker (the add-on's author @David Ehringer has so far been very diligent in keeping his high quality add-ons up to date; I've also added the add-on tag to the question so that the topic can be watched going forward).

0 votes
Swift Capital May 4, 2016

Bamboo Server 5.10.3 and New Relic for Bamboo 1.3.0

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2016

Which version of Bamboo and the New Relic for Bamboo add-on are you using (see versions for the latter)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events