Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find branch plans that are not "clean up automatically"?

Paul Smith November 13, 2015

We have automatic branch creation enabled (Bamboo 5.9.1).  We want all these branches to always leave the "Clean up branch automatically" box checked.  However, sometimes for whatever reason some of our branches have that box unchecked.  Then they just sit around forever.

We have 30+ plans and 100+ branches per plan: pointing and clicking through them all to find which ones might be misconfigured is clearly a non-starter.

How can I find these branch plans more easily?  I even have access to the SQL database backend directly (it's mysql) and can run queries on it, but I can't understand the schema to find what I want.  I would of course use the web interface to fix the incorrect configuration, not the database, but if the only way to find the incorrect configurations is via a query I can do that.

Help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Smith November 14, 2015

Aha!  It's BUILD_DEFINITION, but this query does what I need (mysql database):

select FULL_KEY from BUILD where BUILD_ID IN (select BUILD_ID from BUILD_DEFINITION where EXTRACTVALUE(XML_DEFINITION_DATA, '/configuration/branchConfiguration/cleanup/disabled') = 'true');

Thx!

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2015

You need to run selects on BUILDDEFINITION table, the xml there stores this information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events