Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I do C# unit tests using Bamboo cloud?

krox01 March 3, 2015

My company is looking to switch to JIRA and Bamboo. The first solution they wanted me to look at is the cloud variant using Bamboo Elastic. After some experimenting I have managed to get solutions to build. The next step is unit testing. So far we have been using the MSTest Runner. I however cannot for the life of me get this to run on the elastic instances. Can someone give me a step by step of what I need to do to start this?

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hi Kim,

Atlassian provides a number of stock images that you can use with your elastic agents, and one of these is a Windows image with MSBuild (but not Visual Studio) installed, so it may be suitable for your purposes.

If you can't use the stock image, you'll need to build your own AMI and install the Bamboo remote agent software on it.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

krox01 March 4, 2015

As I already mentioned in the first post., building is not the problem. MSBuild works as intended though it took some tweaking. The problem is in the unit tests. As mentioned this requires MSTest. I have thus far managed to get the AWS to run an MSTest instance but so far it will not run the actual tests. This is the part that I need help with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events