Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable a bamboo build agent dynamically?

Matt Walker January 12, 2015

I have a build agent that must be shared between humans and the build system because it has bespoke hardware attached. In the cases where people want to run interactively on the agent (for debugging mostly) I need the ability to tell bamboo that it cannot run jobs. It seems like the way to do this would be to disable the agent.

Is there a way to disable the agent either via REST or command line on the build server? I could also stop the build agent process; but that seems less desirable.

1 answer

0 votes
Config Manager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

I also would be interested in a definitive answer to this question, but one of the answers to a different Bamboo question I asked recently suggested (but didn't explicitly state) that you can't do this. See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11973309.

Your comment about stopping the agent process, which could be done programmatically I'm sure, might not be too bad an idea (and might help in my situation - thanks) but it's a bit messy and I don't know what would happen if the agent was running a plan at the time. Easy to test I guess.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events