Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I define a post deployment artifact for a deployment project?

Curtis Stewart March 24, 2015

We generate reports (really just links) that we want to publish post-deployment, but there is currently no way to define an artifact in a deployment project like there is in a build job.  Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Hello Curtis,

Thank you for your question.

At the end of the deployment we want to publish a report that shows the changes

You could run a Script task as the latest to be run from your deployment, compact (or not) all the files you have gathered and copy them across to another location using a SCP task.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
pscheit March 24, 2015

Try to create a build plan that creates all needed artifacts for all deployment projects. I think it's more cleaner, then to create artifacts in deployments. I thought about a deployment as just a little task that transfers an artifact to an environment (and configures this)

Curtis Stewart March 24, 2015

Our specific situation is a DB deployment. At the end of the deployment we want to publish a report that shows the changes. So, we don't have the artifact until after the deployment is executed. Hope that provides a bit more clarity. Any thoughts?

pscheit March 24, 2015

jeah, i see. That's a good usage example. There are some features missing in deployment projects and this seems to be one of them..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events