How can I configure Bamboo to check out & run tests against the branch that was committed to?

Mark McD January 29, 2012

I have a brand new Bamboo set up that is successfully running my test suite against trunk, polling for changes every 30 seconds.

We usually run at least 2 or 3 different "active" branches in this system and I'd like Bamboo to be able to monitor / listen for changes on the entire repository, but pass in a "$branch" variable or somesuch to my plan to check out (or switch) & run the test suite against that branch.

Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? If not, do you do something similar and can provide a "close enough" solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2012

A "close enough" solution will come in the next release of Bamboo. You will be able to run the same set of Jobs against multiple branches. No promises, but it should be available Feb/Mar and it's likely that we'll have a public beta in Feb.

Mark McD February 1, 2012

Are there any details available anywhere that I could browse?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2012

No official public information as far as I know, so I also cannot tell you more than I did.

It looks like it should cover your use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events