How can I configura my bamboo remote agent only to build plans that forfill a specific criteria

Johannes Skov Frandsen July 22, 2014

I have a bunch of remote agents and a bunch of projects with different plans. Some of the plans specify that a agent needs a capability (in this case just a variable set to true) to be able to build the plan, which works as suspected.

Unfortunally if you don't specify this capabiliy in you plan, bamboo will take any remote agent it thinks is capable of performing the running the plan.

In my setup the remote agents are managed by individual teams, and they don't like to wait on their build, because other projects are using thier agent.

Is there a way I can make the agent check if a condition is fulfilled and ignore plans that don fulfill the requirements?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2014

With Bamboo 5.5, you could specify which agent should be used to run deployments to an environment. See Agents for deployment environments.

With Bamboo 5.6, you'll have much more control over your agents. You can specify the activities a particular agent should perform, from the level of build projects or plans, down to particular jobs, to deployment projects and environments. And, you can assign multiple activities to an agent.

This allows you to fine-tune your build performance requirements, and to have greater control over the costs associated with agent resources, for example elastic agents. You can also specify that a particular job must run on a specific agent – for example, where the agent is configured for code signing, or has a particular license that must be available.

Johannes Skov Frandsen July 27, 2014

So it look like i need to upgrade my bamboo installation to solve this issue. Well, thanks for the feedback...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events