Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the authorized RSA key for Elastic Bamboo Instances?

nhooey October 19, 2015

When I boot up an Elastic Bamboo instance, the Linux console log prints this:

ci-info: +---------+-------------------------------------------------+---------+---------------+
ci-info: | Keytype | Fingerprint (md5) | Options | Comment |
ci-info: +---------+-------------------------------------------------+---------+---------------+
ci-info: | ssh-rsa | a1:a1:a1:03:6c:11:a1:4d:a1:4d:a1:4d:a1:4d:a1:1a | - | elasticbamboo |

But the fingerprint for the "elasticbamboo" key pair in "AWS Console > EC2 > Network & Security > Key Pairs" is different.

How do I configure Bamboo to authorize the correct key pair for ssh to the node?

It looks like Bamboo could be using an old key that I might have deleted and recreated, instead of checking the current value of the "elasticbamboo" key pair and using that key instead.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
nhooey October 20, 2015

I've found the issue for my particular case.

The "instance startup script" was causing the system to hang, which is a separate issue.

The authorized_keys file gets initialized after the instance startup script runs, which blocks SSH access if the instance startup script hangs the process. But if nothing goes wrong, Atlassian Bamboo reads the latest value of the "elasticbamboo" key file and puts in in authorized_keys successfully.

The Elastic Bamboo instance generation should be changed such that the authorized_keys file gets initialized first, so users can SSH into boxes with hung instance startup scripts and check logs to see what's broken.

@Przemyslaw Bruski, could you make that happen? I currently can't debug my own instance startup script issue.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2015

Did you check in the correct region? Keys are region-bound.

nhooey October 20, 2015

Yes, all keys and instances are in us-east.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events