How To enable Bamboo Plugin ?

Hi all,

I use Jira V6 and with a software project, I need to use "Release" function but when I click on " Release" a message appears : " Connect JIRA to Bamboo tu use the release management features"

So I try to install Bamboo plugin :

1) I downloaded jira-bamboo-plugin-7.0.4.1.jar

2) Installed with the option : Add-Ons\Manage Add-ons\Upload add-on

But it stays " Disable"

When I read Jira Logs : “2013-10-10 16:23:35,556 QuartzScheduler_Worker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateServiceImpl:job [atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner] An error occured while trying to run service 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateServiceImpl:job'. Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Unable to get information from SQL Server: coprsqlin2.)

2013-10-10 16:34:56,543 QuartzScheduler_Worker-3 ERROR ServiceRunner com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateServiceImpl:job [NoModule] There was an error getting a DBCP datasource.”

Could you help me to enable Bamboo Plugin correctly, please ?

Thanks,

Nicolas.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Nicolas,

It appears you're just installing the bamboo plugin for JIRA. This isn't the actual Bamboo software, just a plugin that allows integration from JIRA to Bamboo. If this is what you are looking for please let me know. If you are looking to perform the actual install of the entire Bamboo Software, you'll want to follow these instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+installation+guide

Thanks

Turner

Thanks a lot for your Answer.

I understand now it necessary to install Bamboo product before all things.

Have a nice day !

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,416 views 20 13
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you