Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I configure my bamboo branch builds for merging?

dylan_millikin June 22, 2014

Hey guys, I'm a little confused about bamboo configuration. Here's what I wish to accomplish in a basic gitflow:

• Pull all branches except for master/dev on change and run: unit tests. If they succeed they will be manualy merged into dev.
  • Get dev branch, run unit tests. If they succeed automaticaly merge into master
  • Get master branch on change, run unit tests and if they succeed > build multiple elements such as API, Patches etc..

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

If I make a plan that simply unit tests and then apply it to all branches (present and to come). I can't tell it to only merge the dev into the master..( Or I can't seem to figure out how). It looks like my only option is to merge all current branches into the master on success.

If I make a master build plan then the dev branch fails on the building phases (as is expected and therefore never reaches success/merge

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

> I can't tell it to only merge the dev into the master..

You can enable merge configuration for each branch separately.

Go to Plan Configuration. On the left you have list of all plan branches. Click on the 'dev' branch. On the 'branch details' tab click 'Branch merging enabled' and select 'Gatekeeper'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events