Hi, how do I connect a clean Bamboo installation to existing database?

moreservice January 30, 2018

Our server crashed so we are installing a clean server and want to connect it to a existing database. (MS-SQL)

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2018

If you are installing Bamboo fresh, it is sufficient to follow our usual installation instruction.

Once installed, you may change your database settings by editing this file -  <Bamboo-Home>/bamboo.cfg.xmlfile as explained here.

If you intend to restore the old instance by connecting to your old database, it is essential to restore <bamboo-home> as well to your previous working state.

moreservice January 30, 2018

Tnx, installed Bamboo 6.0 and created a backup. But can I connect a 6.0 database to a new installed 6.3 Bamboo? Or do I have to import the from the import to a new database?

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

But can I connect a 6.0 database to a new installed 6.3 Bamboo

Generally, the upgrade instruction goes like this as mentioned in this documentation.

• Unzip the latest archive.
  •  Point bamboo.home variable in this file <bamboo-install-dir>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties to your old home directory location.

The upgrade runs automatically referring to the old database that you have configured in your <Bamboo-Home>/bamboo.cfg.xml.

Hope that clarifies.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events