Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Creating a Custom Elastic Image for onDemand Bamboo

Chris December 2, 2011

I release this might be an EC2 issue, but asking here just in case since this is an Atlassian image.

I'm following the details from http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Creating+a+Custom+Elastic+Image

I am trying to use the 3.0.4 image as a base so I can upgrade it to PHP 5.3.x since it uses PHP 5.2.6, but I'm having problems starting the instance. It keeps going from pending to terminated (sometimes during refreshing I see it running briefly)

ec2-run-instances ami-0671896f -k my_keypair

In the AWS console the State Transition Reason is: Client.InstanceInitiatedShutdown: Instance initiated shutdown

I also tried starting the instance from AWS console using their AMI wizard to the same result.

Here is the system log where it doesnt like ssh setup (or lack of):

2011-12-02 20:21:08 (7.48 MB/s) - `ec2-ami-tools.noarch.rpm' saved [172568/172568]

ec2: Retreived ec2-ami-tools from S3
	package ec2-ami-tools-1.4-0.2.noarch is already installed
ec2: Preparing...                ##################################################
ec2: ec2-ami-tools already up to date
ec2: -----BEGIN SSH HOST KEY FINGERPRINTS-----
ec2: 2048 11:{key_string_here}:64 /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key.pub
ec2: 2048 99:{key_string_here}:a0 /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub: No such file or directory
ec2: -----END SSH HOST KEY FINGERPRINTS-----
This instance will be shut down immediately.

I edited out the key string above

Any ideas/pointers?

Is the onDemand Bamboo image different from ami-0671896f?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2012

Instances based on Bamboo images shut down if they are run outside of Bamboo. That's what causes the shutdown, not the ssh errors. Just run that image from Bamboo and everything should work.

0 votes
Chris December 4, 2011

Does JIRA launch that AMI with any other options that would provide those keys?

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2011

I can confirm that ami-0671896f is the correct default image for AOD at this time. I'm not sure why you're receiving those key problems though :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events