Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware configuration for Bamboo

Eugeny Rotovsky August 15, 2012

Hi, we're going to install a local Bamboo agent on our build server. At first, we will run not many builds to test the system. We need to found out what the configuration requirements will be. So, the build plan is as following:

- there will be no functional tests as a part of our builds;

- maximum 2 builds will be run simultaneously (mostly there will be only one executed at the moment);

- up to 700Mb of JVM memory for a build, up to 2Gb disk space for a build;

- up to 3 users will use Bamboo simultaneouly at a given time.

Could you please say what the recommended comfiguration is? The most interesting questions are RAM and hard drive space requirements. Also, will there be any additional bookkeeping from Bamboo, how much drive space will it take and how it ill change if we add one more test plan with the similar parameters?

3 answers

0 votes
Eugeny Rotovsky August 15, 2012

I'm so sorry, I must have specified wrong tag. I meant a local instance, so what the requirements will be for such case? Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2012

Much depends on the plugins you're going to use (Clover/NCover need a bit more memory), the types of VCSes you're going to use (DVCSes need more disk space). From your description it looks like your instance is going to be fairly small. For 2 local agents and the builds you're describing, get a 64bit JVM with 2GBs of heap. The amount of disk space depends almost entirely on how you configure your builds (build expiry settings, log size, DVCS or not etc.). Most of the space used by Bamboo will be your build data, Bamboo itself does not use much.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Eugeny,

I'm sorry to say that you can only run your build agents on the Amazon EC2 cloud for OnDemand instances, so you won't be able to use your build server for this purpose unless you also install Bamboo locally. You can read more about configuring Bamboo OnDemand here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+with+Bamboo+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events