$HOME in scripts

DerBaer September 2, 2012

Hello,

In my repositories, there are scripts that use the $HOME environment variable. The problem is, that although this variable is set properly on the agent in a normal shell, it isn't set when I run a script task.

Is there an easy way to make the variable available?

Using a global variable only defines bamboo_HOME and writing it in the environment field for each task isn't realy an option because there are too many scripts.

1 answer

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi Hans,

I have run a test on both remote and local agents and it seems the $HOME environment variable is read succesfully. If it does not work for you, check the build logs http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Logging+in+Bamboo to see if there is any error thrown that might give us a clue.

The workaround of using the global variable is feasible if you can call the variable something elase rather than HOME to avoid confusing with the default bamboo_HOME

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events