Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git Caches, Shared Repositories, and Automatic Plan Branches

Collin O_Connor September 19, 2012

I've noticed lately; while we have enabled a shared repository for our primary plan that every time a branch is detected it creates a new git cache. With our rather large git repository this means we can have easily 30-40 gigs of the same repository, just with a different branch checked out.

This creates a large amount of repeated data on the server; which either requires branches be removed prior to their intended time for expiry, and what I suspect is a large number of unnecessary caches left behind in the _git-repositories-cache folder; or expanding/migrating the Bamboo system to another location with more disk space which is not an optimal solution either.

Can someone explain to me if shared repositories worth with automatic branching for git, and if so what our setup might have wrong that creates a new repository for every branch? And how to properly clean the caches directory of unnecessary caches?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is still an issue for you or not but the " Administration->Repository Settings" for Git exists for Bamboo version 4.4.3 and newer, if you are using an older version of Bamboo it will only be available for Mercurial. Please visit this article for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Git+cache+removal+in+Bamboo

Hope this helps!

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012
Shared repositories will work with automatic branching for Git and should reduce the amount of caches you have on your system. You can also clear caches from Administration->Repository settings
Collin O_Connor September 20, 2012

I've seen that entry for managing caches, but it only lists Mercurial, not Git.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events